A 60-year-outdated lady from Puttur village of Udupi died after she slipped into an overflowing stormwater drain in Hanumanth Nagar of Nittur on the outskirts of Udupi on Wednesday evening.
The Udupi City police gave the title of the deceased as Gulabi. The police acknowledged a passerby saw Gulabi slipping and falling into the drain as it modified into raining heavily in the affirm and other parts of Udupi. Her physique modified into fished out later.
Here’s 2d death resulting from rain in Udupi. On August 3, Sooramma Poojarti died after she modified into washed away in an overflowing mosey in Mururu of Kaltodu village in Byndoor.
Subscribe to Morning Filter & Evening Wrap e-newsletter
- Feedback could be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Feedback which could be abusive, private, incendiary or inappropriate can no longer be published.
- Please write full sentences. Attain no longer type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or the usage of abbreviated textual lisp material. (instance: u can no longer replace for you, d is rarely any longer ‘the’, n is rarely any longer ‘and’).
- We are in a position to also cast off away hyperlinks within comments.
- Please exercise an exact electronic mail ID and present your title, to avoid rejection.
Printable model | Aug 6, 2020 4: 21: 52 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/data/national/karnataka/60-year-outdated-lady-swept-away-in-drain-in-udupi/article32285108.ece
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.