‘Mahalaya Amavasya’ rituals, which would in most cases be performed alongside the Tamirabharani and on the seaside in reminiscence of ancestors, had been no longer held this time because the huge public gathering had been prohibited within the wake of the pandemic.
Folk would win alongside the 125 km-lengthy Tamirabharani watercourse valid from Papanasam to Punnaikaayal and at Tiruchendur seaside to invent rituals.
Collector Shilpa Prabhakar Satish had asked the final public no longer to win alongside the Tamirabharani watercourse. So, other folks abstained from performing the rites.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER
- Comments will likely be moderated by The Hindu editorial workers.
- Comments which shall be abusive, deepest, incendiary or irrelevant can’t be printed.
- Please write total sentences. Manufacture no longer form comments in all capital letters, or in all decrease case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u can’t substitute for you, d is no longer ‘the’, n is no longer ‘and’).
- We could per chance possibly also scheme finish hyperlinks inner comments.
- Please narrate a loyal e-mail ID and present your title, to retain away from rejection.
Printable model | Sep 17, 2020 11: 15: 31 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/recordsdata/cities/Madurai/river/article32633925.ece
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.